There are literally dozens of Part D plans offered in most States and although no single plan is the best for everyone, some plans will be a huge benefit for Medicare beneficiaries on certain Medications.
Community CCRx members were transitioned to SilverScript Part D plans in January 2013. SiverScript has been offering Part D Plans since 2006 and have over 4 million members.
Compare Medicare Plans Without Submitting Your Info Online – Call (888) 310-0376
When comparing Part D drug plans there are several considerations. These include:
- Is the monthly premium affordable?
- Are the co-pays or coinsurance levels in line with similar plans?
- Are you willing to pay an annual deductible?
- Is your preferred pharmacy in-network?
- Does the mail order option offer a real value?
- Are specific drugs placed in the same tiers as comparable plans?
- Are your medications included in the plan’s formulary drug list?
The last point is the most important. If your medications are not included in the plan’s formulary, nothing else matters. When comparing Part D plans it is vitally important to review the formulary to ensure your medications are included.